Permits & Licensing
Leasing a Space
If you are leasing space in Converse, what you will need from the City is a Certificate of Occupancy. This ensures that the building is up to standard on codes and laws of this area.
Please contact the building department at 210.658.8285 for more details. A downloadable form can be found below.
New Commercial Construction
The primary objective of the City of Converse Building Department is to provide construction standards enforcement to safeguard health and property in the interest of public welfare.
- Adopting model codes & standards
- Checking building codes for compliance with code requirements
- Inspecting the construction, alteration, moving, demolition, repair, and use of buildings and structures
- Issuing contractor registrations and required permits
- maintaining department records
- Performing inspections during construction
- Reinforcing city ordinances